The EM11 I/O board is used for digitizing (analog inputs with A/D or V/F/D converters) and for the output of analog voltage signals, for the input of binary signals (speed), for input/output (binary I/O) and display (LED) of binary information.
The programmable address decoder calculates the board address, related to the board location.
- X6: For digitizing analog voltage signals:
- Four channels with A/D conversion,
- Four channels with V/F and subsequent F/D conversion (V/F/D conversion)
- X6: For the output of analog voltage signals:
- Two channels with D/A conversion
- X5: For incremental encoding:
- One channel for actual speed value and position encoding with inputs for two tracks plus the zero marking pulse;
- Subsequent digital filter and quadrupling the track frequency of the incremental shaft angle encoder
- One input for function monitoring
- X7: For the input and output of binary information:
- 16 binary inputs and 8 binary outputs.
- 4 binary outputs for signal states of connector X5
- H10/H20: For display:
- 16 LED's on the front panel, logical order in two bytes:
- one byte (H10) with red LED's (H11-H18, H11 is the least sign. bit)
- one byte (H20) with yellow LED's (H21-H28, H21 is the least sign. bit)
- independent from binary signals