Central processor CPU 948 - Simatic S5
CPU 948 R, replacement for 6ES5948-3UR21 and 6ES5948-3UR22 - wide type
The following versions of CPU948-3UR23 can be used as a compatible redundancy pair:
- 3, 4 and 5 with CPUs with the new version 6
- Older CPU-versions 1 and 2 are not compatible with the new version. These versions can only be updated offline
Procedure for update if version <= 5
Changing first CPU 948:
Redundant modules have to be exchanged as follows:
- Switch the standby CPU 948R to Stop.
- Switch off the power supply (Power Off).
- Unplug CPU module (note the EGB instructions)
Installing first CPU 948:
- Plug updated CPU 948-module into the switched-off rack part.
- Set the operation mode switch to position STOP.
- Switch on the power supply module.
- Reset the CPU 948 („urlöschen“; while keeping the switch position to „Urlöschen,“ switch the
operation mode switch from STOP to RUN).
- Start the CPU 948 (while keeping the switch position to „Reset,“ switch the operation mode switch
from RUN to STOP and again to RUN).
- New CPU is being Updated.
- After start the CPU is in stand-by mode.
Installing second CPU 948
- After 3 minutes the Master-CPU can be switched off
- Further steps like above mentioned for first CPU
- CPU, the AP is again running in redundant mode.
Siemens Teleperm XP (T2000)